Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Annual Report is a yearly report that public libraries in New York State are required to complete. It is split up into 14 parts. As you move through the annual report, please click on the appropriate tab at the top of this guide for resources and help. Resources will often include actual answers to some of your questions.
Bibliostat CollectConnect is the 'portal' that you enter your annual report information into..
Annual Report information is due in Bibliostat CollectConnect by Wednesday, February 22nd. It is important that you review and check the information, comparing to last year's report if needed. When you are done, email your consultant. We will do a minor review and contact you with any questions before submitting to the state.
- BOARD APPROVAL/ASSURANCE - Plan ahead to have your report done and reviewed by your library board, typically at your February meeting. Your board's date of approval will be noted in question 12.41. It's ok if your board officially approves your report after it's been submitted to NCLS because we would not have submitted it to DLD yet. Please contact us if you have any changes.
- MASTER AR SPREADSHEET: NCLS has created a single Master AR Spreadsheet 2022 that has all the answers we typically provide. This is information from SIRSI, technology, financials, and more that NCLS provides but in ONE location.
- EDIT CHECKS: Please provide notes for any figures that have a large increase or decrease and make sure that all notes are clear. If the note is for an edit check, make sure that the note answers the question being asked by the edit check.
- OUTLINE OF MAJOR CHANGES. 2022 Outline of Major Changes.
- DLD's ANNUAL REPORT INSTRUCTIONS: 2022 Instructions.
- LAST YEAR'S REPORTS: Your report from last year can both help answer questions and check for accuracy.
- BLANK AR COPY: Here is a blank copy of the 2022 report.
Updates to come soon for:
1/27/23: The annual report has officially opened! There are minor changes and one new question. An email with details was sent today, with the subject, "ANNUAL REPORTS: The Annual Report is now open! "
10/27/22: With the Annual Report coming in January, you can start preparing for it now! This includes the following:
- Print out a copy of last year's report. This can be for checking answers.
- Get Trustee contact information for Part 10. Remember, this information is for library trustees moving forward, starting February 1st.
- Gather financial data for Parts 11-14. If you rely on others for this information, give them a heads up. Look at parts 11 and 12 of the guide to help you start organizing the information.
- Start preparing your programming data for part 3.